We finally got on the bandwagon and signed up for an Amazon Prime account. One of the offers that intrigued me was the Free Welcome Baby Box when you sign up for a new Amazon Baby Registry.
Realistically, there’s only a handful of things we need for Baby Girl since I saved all the big things/toys/etc. from Carter, but that didn’t stop me from checking out all the fun new baby items that have come to market in the last 2 years. I also made sure 99% of the baby items (swings, car seats, etc.) from Carter were gender neutral in the chance we had another baby and it wasn’t a boy.
All that being said, I knew I could at least add items like diapers, wipes, pacis, clothing, etc. to the registry and see what’s inside the Baby Welcome Box. I also like having a registry to add things I come across that I want to purchase anyway for the kids, it’s a good way to make a list and then easily track the prices to see when they’re on sale.
So I headed over to Amazon and created a baby registry.
Here’s What To Do to Claim Your FREE Box:
- Go to Amazon
- Click on “Get Started” – Sign In
- Under “Your Free Welcome Box”, it details a list of steps required to receive the box. Complete each item listed.
- At the top of your baby registry, click on “Get Started” to use Jumpstart
- Click thru each category in Jumpstart, and then sub-categories under that. Add at least one item to your registry from each sub-category (If you already have the item from a sub-category, you can click on “Mark Items Complete” link.)
- Keep doing this until the Jumpstart status bar says 100% Complete
- If there’s something you wanted to get anyways, add it to your baby registry and buy it from the registry. Once $10 or more worth item items have been purchased from your registry, then the “claim now” button will show up
- Once the steps are completed, on the left side area, there will be a button that says “Claim Now” under “Your Free Welcome Box”. Click on it and check out normally. It will be Free at checkout.
We needed another baby monitor and the one we use for Carter was marked down to a great price to I went ahead and added it to my registry and then purchased. This met the $10 minimum purchase so I was able to claim the free “welcome” box.
My box arrived a few days ago and here’s what goodies were inside:
- 2 seventh generation Diapers
- Pack of 2 seventh generation wipes
- 2 seventh generation laundry detergent pods
- Pampers Diapers Sample
- babyganics Diapers Sample
- Dreft laundry sample
- bloom baby wipe sample
- 100% organic cotton Burt’e Bees Baby onesie
- Avent Nursing Pads ( 2 samples, one for night and one for day)
- Pampers sensitive wipe travel pack
- Pampers diaper/wipe clutch
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion sample
- seventh generation lotion sample
- baby Dove baby wash travel size
- Swaddle Designs Muslin Swaddle Cotton Blanket
The site does say the box will vary slightly based on availability. You get a box that contains select products for both mom and baby worth $35.
There are also other perks for having an Amazon registry including a 15% completion discount available 2 months before your due date that works on eligible items; a $100 credit toward diapers and wipes when your registry’s total shipped purchase amount reaches $1000 (from you or gift givers by at least 4 months after your due date) and other exclusive offers that are available throughout your pregnancy.
This was a fun box to receive and we will put to use all the items. Has anyone else tried out the Welcome Baby Box? If so, what did you receive?
PS – Want to keep up with Categorized and Organized more frequently? Follow the Facebook page here.