Since motherhood is the newest/most awesome thing in my life, I wanted to share the items I found to be most useful during my pregnancy. I gave birth to our sweet little guy, Carter, in late-April, and will follow up with my labor and newborn must-haves as well.
- Baby Bargains – this book was GREAT to read through because it talks about all kinds of products and the different ones you can get at various price points. I took it with me everywhere the first few months of my pregnancy to get my mind around all the products available and to have an idea of what I wanted to register for/purchase.
- Soap & Glory the Righteous Butter – I wanted a thicker body butter to help with preventing stretch marks and combat dry skin and this was an amazing product. It was a light scent that I really like as well. The only downside for me was that it’s in a tub – I prefer a tube for almost all products. Burt’s Bees also makes a maternity line with lotions/oils that I tried but the scent wasn’t for me. I didn’t care for the oil at all – made a huge mess anytime I tried to use.
- 3-Ring Pregnancy Memory Keeper – Obviously, I’m a sucker for anything memory-related. I saw this adorable pregnancy journal at Hallmark and had to have. I didn’t find it until 16 weeks or else I would have bought the signs for each week milestone too.
- Cosabella “Never Say Never Mommie” nursing bra – I got mine, in nude, from Nordstorm but lots of stores carry this line. It was a bit pricey but I was in so much pain from the other bras I bought at Motherhood Maternity that I was willing to splurge on this one if it worked. Plus, I knew I could likely wear once baby arrived since it is a nursing bra (and I do). The extra money was definitely worth it for this bra.
- Leacho Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy Support – I have to give my husband credit for this one. As my pregnancy progressed, I had more and more back pain and could not get comfortable to sleep. He suggested a Snoogle and I told him he was crazy and just following a marketing scam AND I didn’t want to pay $60 for a pregnancy pillow. Well, he won, and we were able to use a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon to appease me. The pillow arrived and I have been best buds with it since, it even went on several trips with me toward the end of the pregnancy! I even find my husband and cat snuggling with the pillow quite often.
- I struggled with trying to find cute, moderately priced pregnancy clothes – as I’m sure most other pregnant ladies can relate – but bought most of my items from Motherhood Maternity, Kohls, Target, Old Navy and Pink Blush Maternity online. I found that Kohls had many more options online than in-store and it was easy enough to order several sizes when needed and then return what didn’t work out in-store.
It’s hard to believe that the pregnancy part is over – it felt like it flew by except for the last 4 weeks and those alone felt like 9 months!
Comment below on your must-have pregnancy item(s)!